Monday, May 5, 2008

On Being Blessed

BE WARNED: This is a heart post - not the usual stuff you may have come here to read about.

Photos, Ramblings & Reflections from Today - On being blessed.

Life around here on the Real Estate Investing front is quiet. I've decided to write about how my life is abundantly blessed. Blessed by more than mere wealth could ever be. After all , this is my space and I can write about anything I want. So here I go.

To me being blessed, is not about tangible possessions (although those can also be great - a car, a home, clothes....) but relationships, the stuff that will last long after I am gone.

My relationships with my family and friends has always been a priority in my life. To me that is what is of the utmost importance. Let's face it, after I move on from this world, my accumulation of wealth, (if there is any) will not follow me. Opinions may differ but that is mine. What is left behind are the footprints..... or rather the heart prints, I leave with others.


My family.
My husband is the most incredible blessing in my life. Not because he is perfect, but because he is perfect for me.

There is a Bible verse that claims "Children are a blessing and a gift from the LORD. Psalm 127:3" And I do declare that Mr Incredible and I have been greatly blessed. We have six wonderful children that I couldn't imagine my life without any one of them being the huge part of it that they are. At the end and the start of each day I will never tire when I hear "Mama". And trust me, I hear it a lot!

I was taking a stroll through the yard today and it hit me that spring is a pretty amazing season. I found that many of our flowers are in bloom. Spring is the most pretty time of year to me. Winter is my least favorite. To me winter is "blah". Most days are cold, it gets dark way to early and I am seldom motivated to be outside. Yet, there is so much hope in spring. I'm looking around me these days. I'm looking a little closer. These days I'm really taking the time to smell the roses and in this case the peonies too.

These may appear to be grim days that we live in.
Even as grim as these days may seem to some, let's face it, we still live in the most awesome country on this earth. The freedoms we enjoy here and sometimes take for granted are why so many people desire to have a piece of America. My own parents had that desire. I am thankful that fear of the unknown and the language barrier did not stop them. A dream was birthed and action was taken to make it a reality.

I don't believe that today is the same great America my parents saw. Many of my freedoms are under attack. What will happen if I continue to sit back and watch instead of stepping up and taking a stand. What will America be like for my children and theirs?

And than there are many little, little things that bless me daily and bring me joy.

A simple fish pond in my back yard where I can sit and rest and meditate. This is a place where I can go to pray and ponder over mysteries and decisions and what is happening these days.





The "flowers" my sons bring me from the yard when they are out exploring are always special. These always bring a smile to my face and lift my spirit a bit. Knowing I am loved by those entrusted in my care is joy in abundance.


The animals on our little farm have blessed us. We Watch birth, and growth and sadly at times death. They show us the full circle of life.

And every once in a while, like last week, we get what I call a bonus blessing. One extra special possession that someone decides to offer our family. This huge shed was recently given to us.


We need it to store some of our possessions.
You know, the ones we can't take with us.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see what you did there.

rentals "R" us said...

O.K. Thanks for letting me know : )

Jack M said...

Hi, I've been following your blog for a while and have a question. With inflation like it is and real estate going down fast....how can you hope to make money from your investments? I don't see how you can, but maybe I'm missing something.

Best Wishes

Jack M said...

Hi, I've been following your blog for a while and have a question. With inflation like it is and real estate going down fast....how can you hope to make money from your investments? I don't see how you can, but maybe I'm missing something.

Best Wishes

Jack M said...

Sorry for the double post. I'm not used to using Google