By day 4 we'd had enough. No rent check. The property owner exclaimed to her husband "Who's calling the shots here??" She called the tenants and left a message instructing them to leave a payment the next day as their mortgage was now late. I went to the apartment on June 5th and no payment was left. I had already gotten my PAY OR QUIT notice typed and ready just in case. So I taped that to the door and left.
I received a call around 4 from an attorney representing the tenants. It seems the tenants had hired her to send a letter that stated that a portion of their rent would be held in escrow and they were going to pay rent based on the balance to assure that they got their security deposit back. Is that not unethical? But since the tenants had now received their pay or quit notice they decided they were going to pay up. So rent was collected and at the end of the month after the apartment was left clean as instructed a full return of their deposit was given. All is well. No hard feelings. And they actually said we did them a favor. They are living with friends and looking to buy a house. The End.
Thursday, July 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment