Saturday, August 2, 2008

Tenant Prospect Card

I have been using this on Craiglist when placing an ad for a rental.
It has been a great resource to help us screen potential tenants.


Name:

Phone:

# of People

Reason for Moving:

Pets:

Smoking:

Are you currently employed?

Do you have a landlord reference?

I got the idea for this from http://www.thelpa.com (The Landlord Protection Agency)


In addition to the rental property information and the questions above we also add that we will be doing a background and credit check. This has helped us ward off some that may not have been such great tenants.

1 comment:

Terry Sprouse said...

Maria,

I like your tenant checklist card. I'm going to start using it too to screen telephone calls from potential tenants. I usually don't ask for that much info until later in the process, but your list more quickly whittles down the potential candidates.